Coast To Coast:
Canada Day 150
A Canada Day The World Will Never Forget.
FOR 150 YEARS: STRONG, GLORIOUS AND FREE.
For 150 years, what has made this country incredible is the unified will of a diverse population - all living for a unified cause: freedom, dignity, and a better life for all.
This Canada Day, to celebrate 150 years of independence, compassion and strength as a nation, we are calling on the entire country to wake up and chase sunrise, belting our national anthem together as a symbol of our collective gratitude, and as our individual declarations to keep making the next 1, 15, and 150 years even better.
Expanding on What Works: Canada Day 2016
800 PEOPLE in vancouver, A 4KM HIKE IN THE DARK, <48 HOURS NOTICE, 2 TEST CITIES, 1 UNIFIED VOICE SINGING OUR ANTHEM AT SUNRISE:
We knew this needed to be a Canada-wide phenomenon, so we experimented in 2016 with Calgary and Toronto to see if we would get the same effect:
What Is It?
A Canada Day this country will never forget.
On July 1st, 2017, we're taking Chasing Sunrise coast to coast to celebrate 150 years of strong and free.
From first light on the cape of Newfoundland to dawn patrol in Victoria, BC, we are calling on the entire country to wake up and chase sunrise, belting our national anthem together as a symbol of our collective gratitude, and as our individual declarations to keep making the next 1, 15, and 150 years even better.
Personnel Required For Each City
- The City Lead will be in charge of managing all aspects of the July 1st event for their city. This includes managing the 1 to 3 Support Staff, volunteers (as necessary), ensuring the event day lead is in place, and working with Chasing Sunrise to solidify the location, experience, digital assets, communication, and marketing.
1-3 City Support Staff
- City Support Staff will help the City Lead manage and execute on the event. Individual tasks and roles will depend on the City Support Staff's strengths and qualifications.
Event Day Lead
- When rallying people, you always want one person to manage the energy of the group. For each city/event, we will need an Event Day Lead who is responsible for managing the energy of the group, giving opening and closing speeches, and getting people pumped to be a part of this.
Photographer(S) & Videographer(S)
- Photographers and Videographers will capture the event as set out in the Digital Asset Plan by Chasing Sunrise.
- Depending on the scale of the event, we'll be bringing in some day-of volunteers to make sure everyone and everything is taken care of.
What We Need In Each City
- Finding the space to host the event. Each city will be different depending on the vibe, but it should be able to host 50 to 400 people.
- While chasing sunrise is the core of the morning, we've learned that some simple things go a long way in creating a cohesive experience for everyone. These will vary depending on city, location, and staffing.
Some Digital Assets
- More than just the experience, there is the opportunity to show the world what we can do when we come together, coast-to-coast. Each city will have a Digital Asset Plan that lays out some shots and videos we want to capture to put together a cohesive narrative for the world to see.
Some Marketing & Communication
- Once a location is in place, we need to rally the city to show up, keep them stoked as the event approaches, tell them about who we are and what we do, and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- We love wrapping in local companies into everything we do. For each city, if there are local companies that fit the morning experience, we'd love to find ways to get them involved. Coffee, food, snacks, city vibes.